Polycrafts (Pvt.) Ltd has been manufacturing rubber goods and products for the automotive, construction, and other industrial markets for many years. Despite the fact that the industry and its technologies are evolving, multiple common myths regarding rubber flooring persist. The ten most prevalent rubber flooring misconceptions and the truth are discussed here. But first, a basic overview of rubber flooring will be provided.
What is Rubber Flooring?
Rubber flooring is a type of flooring made from rubber, which is a durable and flexible material. they comes in different forms like tiles, sheets, and rolls. It is popular in gyms, schools, and homes because it’s tough, easy to clean, and provides a cushioned surface that’s comfortable to stand on and safe if someone falls. It also comes in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can choose one that fits your style.
Pros of Rubber Flooring
- Rubber flooring Mat is very tough and can withstand heavy traffic and wear.
- It provides a cushioned surface that’s comfortable to stand and walk on.
- It’s slip-resistant and provides a soft surface in case of falls.
- It is easy to maintain and can be cleaned with a mop and mild soap.
- It comes in various colors, patterns, and forms and can be used in different settings, from homes to gyms.
Cons of Rubber Flooring
- Rubber flooring can have a strong smell when first installed.
- Heavy furniture might leave permanent indentations on the flooring.
- Some people might not find rubber flooring as aesthetically pleasing as other types of flooring.
- Some forms of rubber flooring might be challenging to install without professional help.
Following are the top 10 rubber flooring misconceptions:
1. Rubber Flooring is Only for Gyms
Due to its longevity and shock-absorbing characteristics, rubber flooring is popular in gyms and other locations. It works in homes, offices, and schools. Its adaptability makes it ideal for many settings.
2. Rubber Flooring Smells Bad
Even though certain rubber products may have a smell when they’re first installed, this smell usually goes away with time. The manufacturing procedure and the materials utilized are the reason for the smells. Before putting rubber flooring, you can let it air out in a well-ventilated area to reduce the smell.
3. Rubber Floors Are Hard to Maintain
One of the biggest misconceptions about rubber flooring is that it’s challenging to maintain. In reality, rubber floors are easy to clean and maintain. Regular sweeping and occasional mopping with a soap solution will keep your rubber flooring looking as good as new.
4. Rubber Flooring is Expensive
Rubber flooring is cheaper than others. Durability and simple maintenance make it cost-effective over time. Also, rubber flooring’s initial cost might be compensated by savings on maintenance and replacement.
5. Rubber Flooring is Slippery When Wet
Contrary to popular belief, rubber flooring provides exceptional slip resistance, even when wet. The natural grip of rubber makes it an ideal flooring choice for areas prone to spills or moisture. Rubber matting, in particular, offers additional traction and can help prevent falls and accidents.
6. Rubber is Harmful for the Environment
Rubber flooring can be an eco-friendly option. Many rubber flooring products are made from recycled materials, such as used tires, which helps reduce waste in landfills. Moreover, it has a long lifespan, which means it doesn’t need to be replaced as often, reducing the demand for new materials.
7. Rubber Flooring Has Limited Design Options
Rubber flooring is available in a broad range of colors, patterns, and textures. From traditional black to vibrant colors and unique patterns, it can be customized to fit your style and preferences.
8. Rubber Mat is Only for Industrial Use
Rubber mat are not limited to industrial settings. They can be utilized in homes, offices, schools, and more. Rubber mats provide a comfortable and safe surface, making them perfect for areas where people stand for extended periods. They can also be used as entrance mats to keep dirt and debris from being tracked indoors.
9. Rubber Flooring is Difficult to Install
Installing rubber flooring is an easy process. Whether you choose rubber floor mats, rolls, or tiles, the installation process is simple and can often be done without professional help. Most rubber flooring options can be installed over existing floors, saving time and effort.
10. Rubber Sheet Flooring is Only for Protecting Floors
While rubber sheet flooring is ideal for protecting floors, it has different other applications. Rubber sheet flooring can be used as a sound barrier, an anti-vibration mat, or a cushioned surface. Its versatility makes it a popular choice for different uses.
Long Story Short
Despite the many misconceptions about rubber flooring, it remains a versatile, durable, and cost-effective choice for different settings. Rubber flooring, mats, and sheets are among the products made by reputable company Polycrafts (Pvt.) Ltd. So, the next time you think about your flooring options, don’t ignore rubber flooring because it can be the best fit for your requirements.