One of the most famous facade insulation materials for Insulation of house walls is extruded polystyrene foam (EPS). It is relatively inexpensive, easy to install, and performs well. EPS is produced from ordinary polystyrene, first brought to a high temperature and then foamed in an extruder using carbon dioxide. After this, form the composition into sheets that are light in weight and have relatively high mechanical strength. At the same time, EPS has good thermal insulation ability due to hollow cells – up to 95% – and high water resistance. The material does not rot, temperature changes do not affect them, mold fungi do not affect them, and is practically fireproof.
For the facade, insulation uses polyurethane to reduce the load on the structure. Polyurethane foam (PPU) has better thermal insulation properties than polystyrene foam, mineral wool, and low water permeability for insulation installers Wollongong.
Apply Polyurethane foam to the wall as foam, after which it hardens and gains strength and rigidity. Apply it to almost any surface, but to achieve an even layer.
After laying the polyurethane foam, it is necessary to apply another layer of hydro- and vapor barrier. For finishing, you will have to erect a plasterboard wall since polyurethane foam cannot withstand plastering due to its low density.
Is it possible to build a house without insulation?
Any home insulation Central Coast requires additional financial costs, and the question quite rightly arises: is it only possible to do with insulation during construction? Just a few years ago, such attempts would have seemed absurd. However, technology still needs to stand, and new building materials with beneficial properties are gradually appearing on the market.
These include ceramic porous blocks produced using unique technology from the highest quality clay. This is a natural product that combines the advantages of brick and the features of modern thermal insulation building materials.
Advantages of brick
- First, porous blocks are solid and durable. aggressive environments do not affect them; the blocks are frost-resistant (level F50) and have unique strength characteristics
- Secondly, the blocks are highly energy efficient and retain heat inside the house perfectly. The thermal conductivity coefficient of this material ranges from 0.14 to 0.185 W/m*°C.
- Thirdly, due to the air chambers located in the block, extraneous sounds are perfectly absorbed, and the noise level in the house will not exceed 51 dB.
- Fourthly, ceramic blocks, like bricks, belong to the category of fireproof building materials of the NG class.
- Fifthly, in a house made of porous blocks, there will always be a favorable microclimate, regardless of the time of year and outside temperature. The blocks have a high degree of thermal inertia; which removes excess moisture from the walls.
- Sixthly, ceramic blocks are environmentally friendly. They are made from clay, water, and sawdust without harmful additives.
A house made of porous blocks is not only beautiful – it does not need insulation: the blocks perfectly cope with this task. Compared to bricks it is essential that due to the larger size, carry construction of a house from ceramic blocks out much faster, and reduces mortar consumption. The porous structure of the blocks ensures their lightweight, which means that the walls place less load on the foundation—there is an opportunity to save money without sacrificing quality. Even maintaining a house made of porous blocks in proper condition will not require the owner to make significant economic expenditures in the future.
Where can you buy ceramic bricks for houses without insulation?
“The most important thing when choosing ceramic blocks is their quality. The blocks must fully comply with the declared properties. I recommend buying building materials from manufacturers with solid production experience and using only high-quality raw materials. I can give our company as an example. We have been producing porous blocks for several years.
And despite this, we still subject the raw materials to seven-stage processing. Water and sawdust used in the manufacture of blocks also undergo mandatory purification.
According to specialist research, the durability of walls made from our ceramic blocks reaches 200 years.